Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Self Pity Muffins

I got laid off from my job yesterday. It sucks. I'm bummed. When I get depressed, I like to eat. Thankfully I had these muffins ready made! I don't know if they're the best muffin I'll ever eat, they definitely are not the only muffin I will ever make, but they are pretty darn delish! I love the combo of peanut butter and banana (and chocolate to boot!). They are light and moist (sorry, I know that word is yucky, but I can't think of a good synonym), and not too sweet. They're also super filling. The recipe makes 12, but I think I'd rather make 16 or even 18 smaller muffins, just to help with portion size. Half of one is really all I need, but my piggy self, I scarf down the whole thing and then regret it. Hehe.

I found this handy dandy recipe calculator, where you can input all the ingredients in a recipe and it'll tell you the nutritional content per serving. I love it! It's been invaluable in figuring out exactly how good or bad for me something is. These muffins, for example, not that great calorie-wise, but there's some definite nutrition! Here's what each muffin comes out to:

Calories: 393.2
Fat: 16.9g
Saturated Fat: 4.8g
Cholesterol: 18.7mg
Sodium: 362.7mg
Carbohydrates: 56.0g
Fiber: 3.1g
Sugars: 20.0g
Protein: 8.8g

Add some more fruit on the side and there's a sweet treat for breakfast! Heh.


PS: I am looking for work anywhere doing anything that pays the equivalent of where I am now, cost of living of course taken into account. And by anything, I mean only reputable positions of course. ;p

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh no! I am so sorry :( I really hope you find something soon..

Those muffins do look good!

Jen said...

Re: "Reputable positions"
This morning while trying to communicate the depth of my guilt about my impending unemployment, I mentioned that there were shady guys on Craigslist who would pay $30-50/hr to sketch and/or photograph me naked. I was told to stop looking at those ads.

Diana Mo' said...

i can't wait til i can eat peanut butter again!

JuLo said...

Jenny, I believe the reputable term for that is called an art class model, is it not? ;)

Diana, coffee I could go without, but peanut butter? I think I may just stick with dogs.