Saturday, November 15, 2008

I'm Back With Buttermilk

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post for like 2 weeks (it's only been 2 weeks, right?). Ok, maybe more like 3. Anyway, I ended up going out of town for one of those weeks. And I've been busy doing NaBloPoMo on my dog blog. Blah blah blah. Anyway, I'd like to get back to posted regularly, starting now.

I'll be posting more about what I've been cooking a little later. For now I'm just going to say how absolutely in love with buttermilk I am. I've been using it in everything! The buttermilk pancakes I made a few weeks ago were just to die for. I don't think I'll ever go back to Bisquick again. Pancakes from scratch really aren't that much more work. It's just measuring out a couple of extra ingredients. Who doesn't have time for that? Have you ever tried just putting a little buttermilk in your scrambled eggs instead of regular milk? It really adds something extra. I love it. And buttermilk biscuits? Well I haven't tried those yet. But I want to! I think buttermilk is going to be something I always have stocked in my fridge from now on.

What do you love buttermilk in?

No comments: